Old 16-05-2012, 05:09 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

The point is that we have a cold garden. The fig was my wife's
choice, and has never done much. There is only one warm spot,
and it absolutely cannot go there (drains etc.)
.
Can you not grow a couple of them in pots and keep them in a cold greenhouse overnight?

Figs that have been ripened on the tree are wonderfully rich in flavour, and Brown Turkey are much more intensely flavoured than the dark blue things which are sold as fresh figs in the supermarket.