Old 16-05-2012, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Frank is offline

Default Alpines growing in small tub

I've always thought that alpines were fairly drought resistant. I have 4
of these growing in a container, in a 50/60 mixture of sand and
uni-compost. But despite being exposed to rain, I've noticed after a few
dry days that a couple of them begin to wilt notably a Helianthemum and
a Mazus Rwptans. The other 2 alpines are unaffected. I've watered since
and the 2 wilted plants soon perked up. But I'm surprised they wilted so
easily.