Old 17-05-2012, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Stone chippings - will they hurt my acid loving plants

snowathlete writes:

I have a border in my garden with lots of rhodedendrons and azaleas. I
have ill health now so i need to make the garden easier to maintain.
There are lots of weeds at the moment, which i plan to have removed.
Then some weed control fabric and stone chippings.
Cotswold stone chippings would be great, but probably would affect the
ph too much. Is that right?

If it is, then what alternatives do i have? Are there most neutral or
acid stones out there?

I dont really want to use bark or wood chippings because i dont like the
look really.

I don't know what happens to the chemistry but I put white marble 3/8" chips
down around rhodedendrons and azaleas more than 20 years ago.

The plants are still doing fine.

--
Dan Espen