Old 17-05-2012, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fig and frost

In article , wrote:

It's a Brown Turkey. As I said, it's a cold garden, though I am
not entirely sure why, but I have observed that in many plants.
They are generally a week or so later than the area, and often
rather more affected by frost.

How strange. Havign said that, our asparagus patch on the allotment is
distinctly colder than the rest of the whole plot, for no apparent
reason. I think it's probably haunted.

The only thing that is strange is that I can't identify why! It's
fairly common. Anyway, I passed a fig 2 days ago elsewhere in
Cambridge, and it was still solidly dormant - that that was south
facing, sort-of!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.