Old 17-05-2012, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Stone chippings - will they hurt my acid loving plants

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 writes:

On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:43:10 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 16/05/2012 17:39, snowathlete wrote:
I have a border in my garden with lots of rhodedendrons and azaleas. I
have ill health now so i need to make the garden easier to maintain.
There are lots of weeds at the moment, which i plan to have removed.
Then some weed control fabric and stone chippings.

Only a moron would choose to fill a garden area with pebbles... normal
folks spend much of their gardening efforts getting rid of stones and
this dummy wants to add more stones... if you think you have work now
just wait until you go chasing all those stones that no matter what
will constantly migrate far and wide. Rhodies and azaleas are acid
loving, they don't want alkaline stones... use a pine bark nugget
mulch over the cloth.

Thanks Brooklyn, I can always count on you.

I put marble down over 20 years ago.
I use lawn edging to keep the stones in place.

How many bags of pine bark do you think I would have used by now?

Plus this is right against the house. It looks good and I don't
have anything splashing up on the foundation.

--
Dan Espen