Old 22-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Kevin Miller

Default Can some please help me indentify this grass/weed

yep.. I've been researching it a while and that's what it is... not a
good thing if you want rid of it

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:45:53 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

It looks somewhat like tall fescue. Some detail info: Typically a
cool-season grass, tall fescue can also be found in hotter regions due to
its ability to tolerate heat. It is a bunchgrass often used in athletic
fields because it can withstand heavy use and foot traffic. In some lawns,
patches of tall fescue may stick out and appear as a grassy weed. It grows
in bunches, and is therefore not used very often in grass seed mixes.

Check out ortho.com, it has a good bit of information about grasses and
weeds.

"Jim Chapman" wrote in message
. com...
Hi folks,

Can some one please help me determine what type of weed this is.
It's popped up everywhere I planted rye grass seed this past winter.

There are two large pictures, the second one is the one I can't Identify.
http://www.mindspring.com/~chapmjw/Weed.htm

please email me also if you respond

remove the #'s

thanks