Old 18-05-2012, 12:26 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I've been thinking about the best conditions in which to keep this season's heritage seed potato harvest.
Should it be hessian sacks, paper sacks or a combination of both. Up here in the north I think that it should be both!

I am also toying with the idea of mist spraying the individual potatoes with neat or diluted EM solution to guard against any fungal growth attacking my seed stock. This being my first seed stock saving venture I am mulling over these possible problems. Will the spraying of EM's give extra protection to my seed stock I honestly don't know. However it will prove just how effective EM's are in warding off disease, this treatment may also prove useful for keeping our food stock safe from fungal disease.

The EM's I feel should be allowed to dry before storage of said root seed stock or crops, and conditions should obviously dry and cold. I'm just putting this up as information, it is up to you whether you wish to try this novel approach to a possible safeguard of your hard earned harvest.

I also believe that this treatment could be used for our other stored root crops, hopefully I will get the chance to try this out at season's end this year. If this treatment has the desired effect it will be a boon to our storage of allotment food stock.

Now don't be put off by the thought of bacteria being sprayed onto the crops which you are going to eat. I test the molasses content of my brewing EM's by dipping a finger into the container and tasting the brew. I find this the best way of assessing whether more molasses needs to be added. Remember that these are beneficial micro-organisms and will be a healthy addition to the bowel flora within your body.

They will enable your digestive system to breakdown undigested food whereby greater nutrition is gained from the food that you eat. It would also prevent some food being stored within your body as fat!!!

However a word of caution, as in all things cleanliness is of vital importance, as is the place in which you brew your EM's. If you wish to brew EM's for your own consumption "always use spring water" It is also important to fit an airlock to the brewing container whereby no other micro-organisms can enter the container. I have been brewing EM's for some time now and have never suffered any adverse reaction from tasting my brew. Above all ensure the cleanliness of your container!!!

My diet is mostly fish, chicken, stir fry's goat's cheese, fruit, oat cakes and Greek yogurt. However I do admit that I am partial to a Sunday fry up at lunchtime. I was usually quite lifeless after consuming said fry up. This is what the body does when confronted with a major intake of saturated fat, egg white is particularly difficult for the digestive system to process. The human body is much like any other life form on the planet. When replete with an over indulgence of food it basically shuts down to a minimum level.

This level is characterised in humans as sleep, whereby the body can divert energy to the digestive system to process the food intake. However I have found that I no longer need to sleep to fully digest said fry up. I do feel healthier, as in more energy, but as in all things we humans are as different as snowflakes.

I put this up as information only, "any one with a health problem should consult a doctor as to any risk factors before the ingestion of EM's".

Also see internet sites sources for more information regarding the ingestion of EM's.

I have also read reports that farmers who are using EM's to inoculate hay and other fodder products require less food to feed their cattle and other livestock. This due to the fact that more nutrition is gained from the food ingested through EM's being a part of the food provided.

For chickens add 10 ml of neat EM's to every litre of their drinking water and mist spray their coops once a month with neat EM's as a disease prevention measure. You can also mist spray their grain to improve nutritional intake, and droppings with neat EM's before composting.

As always there are only my thoughts others will disagree

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open

uriel13