Old 18-05-2012, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default As Birds Are Not OT

On Fri, 18 May 2012 12:06:07 +0200, Martin wrote:

On 18 May 2012 09:12:27 GMT, wrote:

Jake wrote:
Baby finch stayed on hand as I stood to see half a dozen of them
pecking at the bird table. Not an adult in sight. I moved my hand to

A magpie got trapped under the fleece in an allotment last week.

Incidentally there is no shortage of green finches in our garden
during the winter.

Very few here last year as the trichomonosis virus got most of them.
A healthy number at the moment but am sterilising the feeder tube
weekly and just wish the weather would warm up enough to encourage
enough insects for them to be less dependent on the feeder for a
while.

G.Harman