Old 18-05-2012, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Bumble bee mites

Chris Hogg wrote:
Sugar-water would probably work just as well, I'm guessing, since that
appears to be what Nick is feeding his bees atm.

Feeding honey-bees is normally done in the Autumn. If he's having to
feed now, it suggests things are a bit desperate vis-a-vis nectar
flow!

It's a bit more complicated than that right now. Apparently there is
a bit of a problem atm all over the country with bees dropping dead,
presumably due to the hot-then-cold-then-wet-then-cold weather we have
been having. :-(