Old 20-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Paul114 Paul114 is offline
Registered User

Location: Kent, UK
Unhappy Major ant problem

Hi there

I have a 100 by 50 foot lawn, sadly owned by someone who has the least green fingers in the county. As such it has had little attention for much of the last 28 years. For the last three years we have used an external contractor (Green Thumb) to treat the grass, and we are seeing some really good results - it appears to now consist of mainly grass not weeds. However about 6 years ago I noticed somne ant nests in the grass when I mowed. Last year it peaked at 56 nests accross the lawn. Now they dont get in the house, and are standard black ants, but even I am beginning to think I should do something to get rid of quite so many.

Any suggestions, short of napalm??

Thanks