Old 20-05-2012, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default cheapest plant food

On May 20, 6:01*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
On 20/05/2012 18:35, Baz wrote:

David in *wrote in
.fr:

It has more than just nitrogen - I've forgotten the NPK ratio but it
is maybe biased towards leaf growth, but I've found it to be a good
general purpose fertiliser, potatoes, runner beans, leeks, brassicas,
carrots, asparagus, peas etc. It didn't work well with strawberries,
but was maybe a little too concentrated for them.

Well thats good enough for me. I will give it a go.

Thanks.
Baz

Don't make the mistake of putting it on too strong though or it will
burn the plants. Approx 10% pee is strong enough. Best applied at the
base of plants and repeated every three - four weeks. Since using pee as
fertiliser I've had huge potato crops. Other plants such as runner beans
and peas really do well too; I guess these are particularly nitrogen hungry.

A quick google search brings this NPK ratio up: 10:1:4

So it is biased towards nitrogen / leaf growth but also has a
respectable phosphorous and potassium content.- Hide quoted text -

Still not a good idea for your house plants