Old 20-05-2012, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trapping squirrels

In article ,
Gareth wrote:

I've been told that you can't release them once caught. But what harm would
it do to release a squirrel in a local forest miles away from anyone where
there are already thousands - probably millions - of the critters? I'm not
saying there is no harm just asking for an understanding of what it is.

Inter alia, it's more cruel than killing them cleanly. A squirrel
released into a strange area will almost certainly die from hunger,
or being killed by other squirrels.

Use an air rifle and make squirrel casserole. Seriously.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.