Old 20-05-2012, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

Default cheapest plant food

On May 20, 12:54*pm, "D. T. Green" wrote:
We have a lot of plants in pots in our garden and get through a lot of
fertiliser. *The cheapest used to be the boxes of the powder Phostrogen in
our supermarket, but now we cannot see that anywhere locally.

What is the cheapest fertiliser to get hold of at the moment? *We wouldn't
mind buying bigger boxes than the ones that go to local shops, although
obviously we dont want it on a commercial scale. Thanks.

Bought: bags of rotted poo bought from peoples houses
Truly cheapest: All your compostables, either compost them or dig them
into the soil as is. One neat and no work option is to place smallish
pens about the place, and dump into them. As it rots it goes straight
into the nearby soil

NT