Old 21-05-2012, 04:40 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

I see that there is a C comatus shown growing in a plant pot on the R Phillips page, so perhaps this is where the idea this might be C Comatus is coming from, but it really doesn't look like it to me.

But before advising people to eat C comatus, you need to say a bit more. Because of chemical changes occuring after it is picked, you have to cook it within 4 hours of picking. Also must not be eaten after gills hvae started to blacken. Also it contains chemicals that react with alcohol, so you mustn't drink alcohol within a period of eating it, though some people get away with it.