Old 22-05-2012, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Mushroom identity

In article ,
says...

Ragnar wrote:
The sample is rather small but it looks to me like Coprinus comatus (Shaggy
Ink Cap) not fully grown.
Very tasty fried in a little butter.

Absolutely definitely not going to be giving it a try. :-P
We have edible mushrooms growing outside hte house - one of my neighbours
has eaten them and says they're nice, and she's not died, but I'm still
really quite paranoid about them. (They're big field mushrooms, I think,
with big white tops and pink gills)

Not worth the risk; this entire family now lives in dialysis after
eating poisonous wild mushrooms in Scotland

http://tinyurl.com/bmfzop3

Janet