Old 22-05-2012, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trapping squirrels

On Tue, 22 May 2012 21:34:40 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

and that's what you need to think about when you get a trap and get one,
your target. Now what will you do?
Please don't trap, unless you can kill them yourself, or get someone in,
quickly, who can.

Hear, hear.

I'd have no qualms about hitting a grey squirrel over the head, we
are fortunate to still have Reds around here. Any greys that put in
an appearance are quite likely to face a cluster of high velocity
metal balls...

Same with rats. The mice get deported up onto the fell side miles
from any habitation, why should we deprived the owls, hawks, stoats
an other predators of their breakfast? I didn't like dispatching the
young stoat (broken spinal cord some where down it's back) that the
cat bought in the other morning though, the pheasant chick not a
problem. Hundreds of pheasants...

--
Cheers
Dave.