Old 23-05-2012, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Mushroom identity

Martin wrote:
In my opinion some of those who collect and eat wild mushrooms/fungii
are obsessive. I worked with two. I very reluctantly tried a slice of
puffball that one had collected. It was tasteless with the texture of
a foam sponge. I am sure others will disagree.

I don't like raw mushroom anyhow, so wouldn't be eating a slice of anything
uncooked.

Old cartoon of a market scene
Edible fungii $2/pound. Guaranteed edible fungii $10/pound

:-D

You can eat stinkhorns when still in the jelly egg stage, too,
and I tried them once. Mind boggling.

Some fungii are mind altering :-)

This is kind of where the conversation (with Nick (my one, not Cambridge one),
before the post) started.