Old 23-05-2012, 06:06 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin[_2_] View Post
I like raw mushrooms. The puffball was cooked.
I find giant puffball, egg-and-breadcrumbed in cm-thick slices and fried rather tasty. (dust them with flour before the egg, e&b more likely to stick on) Parasol caps done the same way are good too (though prone to being worm-eaten, sadly).

Many smaller puffballs are pretty tasteless if eaten cooked from fresh. They gain more flavour if first sliced and dried, and later used in a stew, though it is a dried-mushroom-soup sort of taste. I don't bother any more with them.