Old 24-05-2012, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jamie D.[_2_] Jamie D.[_2_] is offline

Default Newsreaders

Hi Sue,

I suppose when you put it like that, it does make sense - I should be
editing through the messages I'm replying to anyway.

I may look out for that widget to fix the quoting.

I'm on Thunderbird at home (no Express there) and OE at work. With another
program on my 'phone I'm always confused about what's unread and what's not!

--
Regards,
Jamie D.

All the way from sunny Lincolnshire.

"Sue" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Jamie D." wrote
"Christina Websell" wrote
Glad you are enjoying news.individual.net. I've used them for some
years since my ISP stopped carrying Usenet (they were free then) but
even when they introduced a charge, I wouldn't swap them.

It seems great so far! This is my first dip into newsgroups in about
10 years so I'm something of a beginner (again)!

Hi Jamie.
I've always used Outlook Express simply because it came free with my
machine and I see no major problems with the reply setup. The cursor is
placed at the top when you reply, which makes sense because you start
there and go through what you're replying to, editing out any part that
isn't relevant to your reply but leaving in enough to make the context
clear. I usually put in [...] or snip as I go to show where cuts were
made. Edit out sigs etc. Add reply at the bottom. Easy.

The one thing that does (mildly) annoy me about OE is the way it doesn't
wrap lines properly to line up quote marks () when several previous
people's msgs have been requoted. I normally do this manually to keep
the quote marks in the right places if I remember. I suppose if I was
writing loads of msgs all the time it might get too much to put up with
though. There is a free add-on I believe which overcomes this glitch if
you need it.

--
Sue