Old 24-05-2012, 07:11 PM
alanesq alanesq is offline
Registered User

Default Advice with my apple tree problems please

Hi,

I have a problem with my apple tree which I believe is Blossom Wilt ?
BTW - I know nothing about gardening etc. so I could well be wrong

It started about 4 years ago, it blossoms really well (looks like a bumper crop is coming) but then all the leaves/tips start to die and eventually the tree looks like it is dead :-(
Last year I used LOTS of fungicide and the tree did very well as a result but this year it is just as bad as before and I got through £12 worth of fungicide last year (off the shelf stuff from Wilkos)

It has now spread to the tree next to it and also my small cherry tree this year looks in a very bad way
It like the apple tree looked fantastic a week or so ago, covered in blossom but then all the leaves fell off

you can see some pictures of my trees here
Index of /alan.blackham/temp/tree

I am now thinking my only option is to chop the tree down but I really don't want to do this until I am sure there is no other option?

Thanks
Alan