Old 25-05-2012, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_9_] Sue[_9_] is offline

Default Newsreaders

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Sue" wrote in message

[...]
I've always used Outlook Express simply because it came free with my
machine and I see no major problems with the reply setup. The cursor
is placed at the top when you reply.

Mine doesn't. It is placed at the bottom.

How odd. Maybe my version is so ancient it's all changed since, but it
definitely places the cursor right at the top of the reply window.
People were forever complaining about it at one time and I never
understood why as it makes perfect sense (to me) to begin at the top to
edit whatever's required - and it usually is, after a thread's had a few
replies - and then reply underneath. I'm also still on XP (prehistoric,
I know) if that's a factor, but hardly ever had problems with it, it's
been remarkably stable.

--
Sue