Old 25-05-2012, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Scorching!

On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:32:45 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 25/05/2012 15:01, wrote:
In ,
Racquel .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Here on the windy side of Swansea Bay we were at 80f at 1pm and it seems
to be getting hotter.
David

At the other end it peaked at 31C sometime today. I've been planting
up the wall planters and hanging baskets today. Although everything
was watered well between 6+7 this morning, trays of plants were drying
out beside me as I was planting up and in the end I had to stop and
put the trays into bigger trays of water to soak. Sun tan lotion
factor 40 job today too.

Gentle breeze now and again but nothing more.

I'll have to finish off the planting out tomorrow though there's a
late afternoon interruption with some flamey thing passing the bottom
of the garden. According to the map whoever's carrying the torch will
stop level with the north side of my garden and get on the bus.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.