Old 26-05-2012, 03:31 PM
jayne_80 jayne_80 is offline
Registered User

Default Container size for mini Patio Trees

Hiya I really need some advice on the container sizes for some mini patio treers I've just bought. The pear tree is called Harvest Green, I also have a mini apple (forgot it's name) and a Stella cherry tree. The apple and pear will grow two metres wide and high after five years and the cherrry will grow three metres wide and high.

They're currently in a pot that is 10" wide and 8" high. I was origianlly going to plant them in the biggest container I could get but read online yesterday that they should just be potted on into bigger pots untill finally planting them into their final with minumim size being 45cm.

The containers I have spare at the mo are one that's 13" wide by 11" high and one that's 15" wide and 13" high. When I messured the widths I messured the inside so they're more likey 14" and 16" wide containers.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.