Old 26-05-2012, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_2_] RG[_2_] is offline

Default Cornish Gardens

On 2012-05-24 13:16:24 +0100, RG said:

We've just returned from a tour of a dozen gardens and nurseries in
Cornwall (and a couple in Devon).
Although not really a gardener myself I was able to remain reasonably
content to follow the Spider around and load up the mobile greenhouse
with her purchases.
If you visit places like Trebah and Glendurgan you do need to be
fairly fit as there are some steep slopes to be walked. Also Heligan
if you want to explore the whole site.
Special thanks to Charlie at Roseland House, and Sacha and Ray at
Hill House for your warm hospitality!
RG

It was a real pleasure to see you. I'm only sorry the Tea Room was too
busy for me to leave it and come round with you! How did Spider get on
at Burnham Orchids?! That is a mine of temptation!

I'll leave her to report on the orchids, if she ever comes in from the
garden. Her PC hasn't been on since we've been back.
What with the plants we brought, and everything that came out while we
were away, she's in seventh heaven at the moment.
break
I've just been called out to admire a black iris that opened this morning
- Sultan's something-or-other.

RG