Old 26-05-2012, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Scorching!

On 26/05/2012 08:19, Racquel Darrian wrote:

"Racquel Darrian" .(y)uk wrote in message
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

My tomatoes wilted in my greenhouse. Luckily I was there to give them a
drink.
I'm going to take a temperature reading in my greenhouse today at around
1pm, in the shade.

I don't know about your tomatoes wilting, I've been wilting for 2 days
now with a second day reaching 80f in the shade, and in the large poly
tunnel(the dome) with fans going it reached 107f.
I don't know what I reached rotovating and putting in 8ft posts for the
tree dahlias.
Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 60s f I hope so as I can't take much
more of this.
David at the dry and dusty end of Swansea Bay, where the Olympic torch
is resting for the night (Not with us though)