Old 26-05-2012, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom identity

wrote in message
Ragnar wrote:
The sample is rather small but it looks to me like Coprinus comatus
(Shaggy
Ink Cap) not fully grown.
Very tasty fried in a little butter.

Absolutely definitely not going to be giving it a try. :-P
We have edible mushrooms growing outside hte house - one of my neighbours
has eaten them and says they're nice, and she's not died, but I'm still
really quite paranoid about them. (They're big field mushrooms, I think,
with big white tops and pink gills)

I am not going to eat any mushrooms that appear in my garden, even though I
looked it up and thought it was Ok. I spent so long on the toilet:-( but it
could have killed me.

Luckily it didn't as I spent a day excreting it.
I don't know what it was. ~White cap, gills looked ok for edible. Never
again.

..