Old 28-05-2012, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Compost - Health warning

On Mon, 28 May 2012 12:42:52 +0100, Jake wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18206191

Well, duh, hands covered in muck, even "clean" muck, you wash 'em
before eating.

I always wear latex gloves when handling bought compost.

But isn't legionella spread by inhalation of water droplets rather
than ingestion? A mask would be better. B-)

Indeed I nearly always wear them when potting on etc., as it
saves a lot of under-the-nails cleaning and also saves time if I want
to make a cuppa

Now those are much better reasons than any infection control.

--
Cheers
Dave.