Old 28-05-2012, 05:49 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
In article ,
lid says...

BBC News - Gardeners told 'wash off compost'

Short version;

"Dr Martin Donaghy, medical director of Health Protection Scotland, said

quote

"Over the past five years we've had three confirmed cases of Legionella
longbeachae, plus two 'probable' and one 'possible'" ..
We've got no evidence it's anything to do with the compost "

Janet.
Yes, but that's out of context. The context was that all cases have been in Scotland, and he was saying that this was because he believes Scottish health services are better at picking it up rather than that the cost used in Scotland is different from the compost used in England.