Old 22-04-2003, 07:32 AM
~ jan

Default Grey Heron Question

IMO, the best thing is to have the protection in place before the heron
comes to dine. A free meal once and the beggar will try harder regardless
of the locks on the door. (Or some such saying as that. ;o) ~ jan

On 15 Apr 2003 14:29:10 GMT, (Jerrispond) wrote:

wrote :

Heres a few notes collected from observations and other folks
experience

When I plant strawberries I also plant some red stones. Birds peck atthe

stones, learn the error of their ways and don't come back for
thestrawberries... hopefully. I wonder if a concrete koi, placed at an
easy to get to area, would
tempt a heron. A few strikes at that could discourage a heron and might even
teach the other koi to run and hide

I tried both....neither worked Jerri

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/