Old 29-05-2012, 09:48 AM
weh100 weh100 is offline
Registered User

Default derelict garden help required

Hi, I have just purchased a house which has been uninhabited for many years hence the garden is a mess. the biggest issue seems to be the bindweed which is nearly everywhere and the soil is pretty much made up of the roots of this. I have read plenty of threads on how to take out bindweed but much of this is related to protecting nearby plants an issue I do not have yet. is there a cluster bomb approach to taking out this weed? is there any other advice on what I should do to get the soil in a better state ready for planting prob early next year? or any other hints and tips when you have a completely bank canvas?

I understand some q's are a bit open ended but any help appreciated.