Old 29-05-2012, 08:36 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
I already have a red mulberry tree of some 12 years in the ground, and I now have to prune it most years to ensure the fruit remains in reach, even though I pick it with a ladder.
Is red mulberry the same as black mulberry?

I've given up trying to pick my black mulberry by hand - not matter how careful I am, picking a ripe fruit always causes at least one unripe one to fall. I just grovel around on hands and knees picking them up once they've fallen.

I've seen suggestions that you should spread a sheet underneath and shake the tree.