Old 29-05-2012, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default First Redcurrant!!

Vicky wrote

Sacha wrote:
Were they extremely tall mice?

Eh? Mice climb. I've seen them being very ambitious on a fig tree in
a long-ago garden!

Hmm, I've seen them climb almost vertical walls (it's great fun watching
them on the tube), but I've not seen them up branches.

I don't think birds store food in little holes under things, kept finding
little stores of berries under brassica leaves, rhubarb leaves etc.
We had a White Currant (what do you use that for?), a Red Currant and a
Black Currant but I got so fed up with the aphid attacks and the mice I
grubbed them out and replaced them with 4 dwarf cherry trees.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.