Old 22-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Paul Kelly

Default Garden Centre Prices !!!!

"Alan Gabriel" wrote in message
I grow most of my plants from seed, cuttings and division but today SWMBO
wanted to visit a Garden Centre and have a look for some new perennials

for
the front garden.

I was horrified at the price of plants, they must have doubled in the two

or
three years I last bothered to vist anywhere but the seed section.

There wasn`t more than two crowns in each pot so not a lot of material to
divide.

They must be the only place on earth where money grows on trees.

Actually, it is Nurseries where that happens. They take a packet of seeds
costing pennies and sell the resulting plants for pounds each! Daylight
robbery if you ask me!

pk