Old 22-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Druss

Default Gardeners World

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
can't get on the BBC Gardeners Worlds Monty Don Website but BBC please Oh
please bring back the PROPER theme music!!!

I don't mind the new theme, it allows the whole program to indicate a
complete break, and a totally fresh start. Nice that there was no mention of
decking in the new show.
Also got to admit that Monty Don is one of my favorite gardeners, after the
numerous gardening programs he has presented his style has improved greatly.
Also his writing is amusing and interesting. Having read numerous of his
gaardening books I think I am going to like this series very much.
Plus, vegetable gardening and organic !!! how nice to hear those terms on GW
again, after so many years. Geoff H was moving steadily in that direction
when he sadly left us, and he was introducing all sorts of excellent
characters, Bob Flowerdew springs to mind. It's so nice to think that after
the AT years, we can now get back to what I enjoy most, veggies.
Yes, I know it wasn't all AT's fault, but let's face it, has he really
presented a gardening show which wasn't almost all about Decking and quick
fix-ups. I think MD would also have demanded creative control as a
pre-requisite to taking over the presenters job, he has over many years,
been a very keen veggie gardener and has been a staunch advocate of organic
methods for several years, so I doubt very much he would let anyone else
dictate how he gardens. He made that point quite well I thought, that
although they will be organic, he will talk about alternatives, generally
and excellent move I thought.

Duncan

Got to add as well, the very idea of gardens having one Gardener and a bunch
of labourers, love it hilarious, how much more insulting could anyone be, I
wonder where they got the Head gardeners from if all he had working for him
were labourers !!!