Old 30-05-2012, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default any mint will do ?

In article ,
Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Cologne mint is an interesting one. Rampant once it gets going, and
wonderful smell. Taste I'm not so sure about....

Foul taste

I agree.

I think that you are like the apocryphal person who was sent some
tea, stewed it well, threw away the water, and ate it with butter
and salt.

I always thought that Cologne mint was a strewing herb, suitable
for use in pot pourri, linen drawers and similar - or, at least
I came to that conclusion on first sniff :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.