Old 30-05-2012, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Mares Tail

On 30/05/2012 13:29, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2012 12:03:11 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
:

On Wed, 30 May 2012 11:24:48 GMT, wrote:

Now the garden has dried out, and I mean dried(huge cracks on top) I
have had a lawn maintenence firm in to feed and weed the 2 lawns.

He pointed out that in my veg patch there is one area with Mares Tail
and I have not seen that before in my garden. It is right in the
middle of my newly planted runner beans. What to do? Dig them out and
resow the beans?

On the lawns there is Speedwell, again have never seen before but the
lawn weedkiller should eliminate it? I am told it is very difficult to
get shut of.

Anyway, I thought that I would ask here before taking drastic action
regarding Mares Tail.

It's Round Up time! :-)

Our local authority sprays pavements with Round Up to get rid of Mares
Tails.

Ok. Martin will do.
I thought that they were impenetrable because of their waxy leaves. But
still, that is what i'm going to do. I will try and "spot" them with G.

You have to trample on them preferably with hobnail boots before
spraying

Just ask yourself what Right On Monty would do