Old 30-05-2012, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Wash your hands after handling that muck. Legionella longbeachae

On Tue, 29 May 2012 20:18:26 +0100, Janet wrote:

Later than that. I used a rural Chinese communal public lav in the 80's
which was a long , immaculately tiled shallow channel where a whole row of
people squatted nose to tail, so to speak. (Because western females were
present, male users were briefly excluded). The urine drained off into a
collector; and if anyone poohed a little old lady rushed over and scooped
it up out of the channel with a little shovel.It all went onto the
commune's crops.

My childhood home in Herefordshire in the 60's, had only a bucket in a
shed for a lav and the contents were emptied into a trench in the veg
garden. My grandfather had been rotating the sewage trench round the
garden for about 50 years, with wonderful results.

My grandparents were last in the village to get an indoor loo in 1976.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk