Old 30-05-2012, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default New chickens (OT)

In article ,
says...

Janet wrote:
Seems fair enough to me, replacing like with like. 18.99 seems an awful
lot.

I used to buy POL birds from a commercial producer, on the only occasion
I requested a replacement he happily gave me another but would not take
back the blind bird ; it was mine to keep or dispose of.

Because it had been on my premises (where there were other poultry and
wild birds) he wouldn't risk it bringing an acquired infection back into
his flock.

Cyclops eventually learned to find her way round as a freerange bird
and turned into a great layer .

Nicely named. :-)
The problem in Tina's case, I guess, is she doesn't want it to infect
her others if there is anything that can be passed on.

Well, if they came from the same source they were probably all exposed to
it before she got them

Janet