Old 30-05-2012, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New chickens (OT)

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. fr...
Sounds like you've bought a dud. I think you should definitely take her

back, especially at that price! I bought a few hybrid pullets myself a
couple of months ago for €8.50 each and they are very healthy and have
started laying very nicely. Based on how fast mine can run (they are free
range) when I bring them food, I'd say that a chicken that can't walk very
fast has serious problems. I'm no expert though, being a newbie to chicken
keeping. You may want to register and ask on this site, I've found the
folks there very helpful and knowledgeable:

http://forums.thepoultrykeeper.co.uk/index.php

I've been on several similar sites myself; it usually ends up with me
giving out the advice. Thanks anyway, David.