Old 31-05-2012, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What is this plant

"kerrygirl" wrote

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this
newsgroup and what are ye called. Thank you Bob for replying

No, we are a Newsgroup which is part of Usenet which actually predates the
www. So an ancient form of internet communication. :-)
I use Windows Live Mail to access this and other newsgroups (there are
thousands). Do you use a program to access your e-mails? If you do that
should also be capable of showing Newsgroups. One problem is that not all
ISPs carry newsgroups these days so that may stop you unless you pay a News
provider like news.individual.net.
On WLM you should see the word newsgroups at bottom left or under Accounts
(can't remember it's so long ago), click on it and your computer will
download the names of all newsgroups your ISP carries. you can then search
for the ones you want to subscribe too (it's free) and they will appear on
the left hand side of your window every time you open newsgroups again. So
then you just click on uk.rec.gardening and your computer downloads the
latest messages/replies and you do from there. The more you use it a look
around your screen the more you will see you can do.
Give it a go and come back with any other queries.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.