Old 31-05-2012, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default New chickens (OT)

In message
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
I requested a replacement he happily gave me another but would not take
back the blind bird ; it was mine to keep or dispose of.

The problem in Tina's case, I guess, is she doesn't want it to infect
her others if there is anything that can be passed on.

It's that too, but it's more that I don't want a dud.

Well, yes, but Janet was talking about being told to keep the dud and the
replacement both.

These are young POL
pullets and 18.99 is expensive for one that may never do well. 2 will not
be enough to provide my family with eggs.

Was there any particular reason for the price being so high? Have they
gone up so muchin the last year or so? Or is it the only supplier near
you? Or is there something 'special' about them?

I have just paid 15ukp each for two 8 week old Welsummers, don't know
if that is particularly expensive or not for the breed but I have
noticed that the price of eggs and chickens have gone up considerably
recently since the government or whoever banned battery hens.

Stephen