Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default What is this plant

On 01/06/2012 10:10, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2012 10:02:16 +0100,
wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:57:59 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In ,
Bob wrote:
"kerrygirl" wrote

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this
newsgroup and what are ye called. Thank you Bob for replying

No, we are a Newsgroup which is part of Usenet which actually predates the
www. So an ancient form of internet communication. :-)

So old that it predates the internet :-) Just.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Remember the flocks of trained carrier pigeons. You had to get one
from the right flock or your message went into the wrong newsgroup.
And trying to create a picture of a flower you needed ID'd in ASCII.

Ah! The memories.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

Recently there was an obituary of somebody who believed that the
Germans were infiltrating under cover German carrier pigeons into
England in WWII. He was put in charge of an anti German pigeon
section. The section infiltrated more than 100 English carrier pigeons
into occupied Europe. The pigeons were never seen again. Were they
stool pigeons?

More likely Pie