Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Lithodora

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Ophelia wrote:
Yesterday we were in Luss on the edge of Loch Lomond. In front of one
cottage was a bed of beautiful wee blue flowers which I think I have
identified as the above. It was low growing and spread evenly over the
bed
so I assume is good ground cover. I have a border in which mint and
dandelions proliferate. Would these flowers help keep them down, or would
still be continually weeding around them?

Mint will grow straight through it. If you remove all of the
established dandelions, it will help to prevent them reestablishing,
but you will still have to weed some of them out.

That is great thanks

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/