Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Lithodora

On 2012-06-01 18:06:11 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

Yesterday we were in Luss on the edge of Loch Lomond. In front of one
cottage was a bed of beautiful wee blue flowers which I think I have
identified as the above. It was low growing and spread evenly over the
bed so I assume is good ground cover. I have a border in which mint and
dandelions proliferate. Would these flowers help keep them down, or
would I still be continually weeding around them?

When you learn how to get rid of mint, write a book and make a fortune!
Lithodora is gorgeous but I wouldn't think of it as a weed suppressant.

No really didn't expect to get rid of the mint, I was just hoping to
suppress it enough not to spoil the display of the Lithodora too much! I
wouldn't mind the mint actually but not he dandelions.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/