Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_4_] Peter James[_4_] is offline

Default Help with Foxes?

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Tahi" wrote ...

I remember being told some years back that rags soaked in stuff called
'Reynardine,' and hung round the edge of the garden, works well. Is it
still available? (or have the EU banned it, like everything else that does
the job it is meant for).

I remember being told years ago that they don't like the smell of human pee
marking an area. Some beer and a little later a bucket would do the trick.
:-)

I did tell a poster on the Allotment forum to use human urine to keep
cats from fouling his allotment. It worked for me in my front garden,
and still does. From time to time I need to spray human pee on the
front flower bed to keep the neighbourhood cats off. Another fellow
allotment holder told me it works for foxes as well. You could try it,
after all it doesn't cost a lot. Just a hand sprayer from B&Q for .99p
and you're good to go.

Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797