Old 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farmer Giles Farmer Giles is offline

Default blood chilling encounter!

On 02/06/2012 16:49, wrote:
In ,
Farmer wrote:

That is very worrying. Here in Shropshire I had never heard talk of any
wild boars until last week. My son was walking in the woods near to us
early in the morning when he came face to face with one. Fortunately it
seemed more frightened of him than vice-versa and ran away. Apparently
they are now becoming quite common in some areas of England.

What we need are some predators that can deal with them - restore
the Eurasian lion! Despite the occasional incident, species
Sus scrofa isn't very dangerous - the one to watch out for is
Sus viae! Much more common and much more lethal.

Forgive my ignorance, but does that mean 'road hogs'?