Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfGirl View Post
You are absolutely right, and even more, I didn't mention any of your comments. I just made a warning or reminder if you like.

Right, as same as you I had a doubt about the pine bark and everybody have been very kind to explain me about the exactly conditions or limitations in its qualities as a fertilizer.

That doesn't mean you can't add it to your compost. It's useful, but in certain limits.

Happy to read you, Uriel!

Hi SurfGirl,

Delighted to hear from you, message received and understood. However as I said I don't use wood ash because it has a very limited effect which will last a season at most.

The secret of recreating a Terra preta (TP) soil is a slow burn of air excluded forest wood, this preserves the bio oil condensates within said charcoal in a crystallised form. These condensates are the equivalent of sugar to micro-organisms. These micro-organisms such as VAM's EM's and yeasts are the essence of a TP soil is all about, TP is all about the symbiosis of the three life forms within the soil.

Now living in a zone 6 to 8 climate in Scotland I was aware that to recreate a TP soil would necessitate the inoculation of my charcoal with nutrients to ensure the best possible results. this is my fifth year of researching TP and my second season of cultivation using the information which I have gleaned from the internet. I have had good results but feel that I can do much better in the seasons to come.

You will find a recipe on page 1 or 2 for the creation of a inoculation liquid as an example of how to proceed.

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless it is open