Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Worms in my container garden?

On 6/3/12 12:58 PM, Donna in Idaho wrote:
I bought a 40 gallon livestock watering trough for my new patio
container garden (also lots of pots and an Earth Box for two tomato
plants). My son-in-law suggest that I get some worms and put in the
trough. Is that a good suggestion? I know worms certainly keep the
earth in better shape, but I'm just learning about container gardening.

Donna in SW Idaho

In such a container, they will quickly consume digestable organic matter
and then die. They really need more room.

Rather than spend money on worms, try collecting a few after a rain or
after watering your garden.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see