Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default Silted Up Pond

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 11:32:00 EDT, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

All very "in balance" but the muck level is rising and I do need to get
quite a bit of it out with minimal impact on my wildlife.

Can you recommend a suction device with an effective front-end filter that
would shlurp up the muck but leave the tadpoles and other wildlife
unaffected?

I set up the outflow of the filter to gently stir up the muck. After a
lot of adjustments I found a balanced state that slowly removed the
muck without causing too much murky water or killing the wildlife.
That was about 30 years ago but, SFAIK, it is still working.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com