Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Cold? or just a bit chilly?

On 2012-06-04 17:03:35 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Jake" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:52:59 +0100, "Ophelia"

On 2012-06-04 14:35:04 +0100, Baz said:

Wearing winter clothes in the garden today. Very cold, my nose was
running,
my ears were cold as ice.
Burning some of the last of the wood to keep warm in my bike shed
now. I
though I had enough wood to burn well into autumn. Not so.

On the plus side, err mm can't see one today. A very strong and cold
wind
started an hour or so ago, goes slack, then starts up again.

This is June for us.
Baz

We're a bit luckier than that. I was weeding the veg patch this
morning in
jeans & a cotton shirt. But it's not the kind of day you hope for in
June,
certainly!

We have frost threatened and perhaps snow in the north.

It's a nice 14C here, high cloud and a fair bit of sun. Showers/rain
forecast tomorrow. Typical I suppose as I'm visiting Anne W's garden
at the Veddw in the afternoon - long planned. I never seem to visit a
garden on a dry day! But if I cry off, I won't get to see it this
year. Anyhow, I suspect it's a garden that will look just as good in
the wet as in the sun. I'll tie a bar of soap to my head and kill two
birds with one stone ))

I demand photos ))))

--

http://veddw.com/

Oooh thank you! They are lovely! But ... I meant a pic of Jake with a bar
of soap tied to his head as killed two birds with one stone ...

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/